Wednesday 16 May 2007

Pizza Delivery.

Most of my posts seem to be somehow take-away related; well two.

Last night I was at a friends house with a couple of others, and we decided we'd order food and rent a film. Using my organisational skills, I ordered the food to be delivered around the time we'd be returning with the film (Open Season)....foolproof...

As we pulled into my friend's drive, the pizza delivery woman had just arrived.
Perfect!

I leapt out of the car, and ran towards her. She rang the doorbell (seemingly unaware that I was behind her) and stood for a moment. I stood behind her silently then announced my arrival loudly, in a way that can only be done by an irritating Englishman.

Judging by her reaction, our brief, yet tumultuous relationship wasn't off to the best start.

Me - "Er, so what do I owe you then?" I sheepishly reached for my wallet, feeling guilty that I'd scared the barer of sustenance.

Her - "Do you have any I.D on you?"

Me - (Puzzled) "Well no, it's only Open Season...I think it's primarily for a younger audience. Why-"

Her - "No, I mean for the pizza."

(A long pause.)

Me - "What?"

(Another long pause. The extra garlic dip I ordered tumbles from the satchel. The clatter is the only sound to penetrate the awkwardness.)

Her - "Well you know, we've had a lot of people just turn up and claim pizzas that aren't theirs. It's illegal, you see."

(I stare at her.)

Me - "Don't they have to pay?"

Her - "Well, yes."

Me - "It's not the perfect crime, is it?"

(She looks at me. She studies me for a second, before deciding that I don't seem the type to pay for food that I didn't order. I have enough trouble paying for food I DO order.)

Her - "Ten pounds please."

2 Comments:

Blogger jonathn said...

Oh hey!

Right, this is going to sound really weird, but here goes. I was browsing the Internet a few days ago, when i caught a glimpse of your display picture, and immediately i knew, you know Lauren Hutcheson! I was like, oh my word, that's Lauren's painting! So i came to your blog, and low and behold, you know my best friend! ^-^

Just thought i would let you know, as i have no idea how i got to your blog, and it was the biggest coincidence ever.

Well, how was that for a snippet of strangeness.

23 May 2007 at 23:44

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That's insane!
Thanks for getting in touch, to be honest, I thought it was only me who read this blog, so thanks :D

What are the chances?! I knew Lauren in year 4, haven't seen her in ages now though!

25 May 2007 at 09:29

 

Post a Comment

<< Home