Saturday 15 September 2007

Four Things I've Noticed Lately

1. Just how creepy my local station is at 1.02am on a Wednesday morning. Just look at it. If that's not a teen-massacre waiting to happen, I don't know what is.

2. I've started doing lots of lists, as easy and quick posts. This will stop soon, at least after I've compiled my top ten favourite lists of all time. (Not including Schindler's.)

3. Charlie Brooker is a genius. On the one hand, he's a grumpy misanthropic cynic with about as much charm as a cat with no fur, but on the other, he's brilliantly funny. The man clearly has more issues than a dyslexic paper towel salesman*, but I still think it's a disgrace that his column is hidden within the mysterious inner realm of the Guardian's tv guide. He writes like the poor man's Private Eye (which in my opinion needs taking down a peg or three) and it's winningly offensive.

4. I've also noticed how frowned-upon it is to enter a large retail establishment, pick your item, walk to the beginning of the queue, reach the front, and present the cashier with a mere tube of fruit pastilles. The last time I did this, the woman at the till gave me a dirty look, as though she only raises a beefy arm to the till for purchases of a pound or more.
Most recently, when struck with the sudden need for fruit pastilles, I felt compelled to run around the shop, looking for other products to raise my tally above the minimum spend limit. That said, the man at the till looked at me with an even stranger expression, when I presented him with a tube of fruit pastilles, some tampons, and a Simply Red album.


*You might need to mull this over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, it took me a while to get it but I believe you mean more(t)issues than a dyslexic paper..... Clever! And gold star for me ...yay.

18 September 2007 at 04:03

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crimson here. He could of course have meant "raper" - (paper), which would mean a few issues perhaps.

19 September 2007 at 01:57

 

Post a Comment

<< Home