Sunday 10 June 2007

My First Exam.

It's been more than 24 hours since my A2 History exam on Napoleon; I've just about had enough time to calm down. Here's a little tidbit.

I sat down at my paper, and began to write.

Around half the time was left, when, flicking through what I'd written so far, I realised I'd done something embarassing. Two pages had been stuck together, and I'd completely ignored them. I now had two completely blank pages in the middle of my answer.

In the great scheme of things, it's not very exciting; but in the moment, I was devastated. I tentatively rose my hand to attract the attention of one of those irritating hovering people, and one wafted over to my seat at the back of the hall.

Invigilator - What's the problem?

Me - Oh god, I've just missed out two pages. Look, they were stuck together! Should I start some kind of infill process?!

Now I think I should mention that I've got the sort of voice that carries; particularly when I'm trying to attract as little attention as possible. I was at the back of the exam hall, and almost everybody in the room turned to look at me, with an incredulous look on every face; as if I'd just announced my desire to become World's Strongest Man.

Inv. - Can't you just write "please see 2 pages ahead"?


Me - Well....yes. I suppose I could..
[END SCENE]

After the fiasco in my history exam, my confidence is dented. I've got English tomorrow, and so far the best annotations I have in "The Duchess of Malfi" are from when I sneezed on my open copy yesterday.

1 Comments:

Blogger danny said...

"Should I start some kind of infill process?!"

Possibly the best quote I have ever heard. On your blog. So that's not saying much. Har har har. Best of luck in your other exams though.

11 June 2007 at 14:03

 

Post a Comment

<< Home