Tuesday 20 May 2008

Exams and Summer

We, here in the North, (where it's normally just a bit windier than everywhere else) had about a week of blissful sunshine recently. The temperature was high, the sky blue, and the humidity excruciating. People gamboled on the grass, threw frisbees to each other and munched on ice-lollies 'til their tongues froze....
...And there I sat; gazing at them from behind the protective layer of transparent glass; my pale skin ("Quilted Calico" on the dulux paint scale) reflecting the dazzling glare of the cold electric light of my bedroom.

Revision's rubbish. I don't really do any, but rather find different ways of wasting time; here's a list of things I've taken up whilst on exam leave.
  • Rambling
  • Coin collecting (mostly just current British ones...I don't travel much)
  • Brass Rubbing (don't be disgusting.)
  • Bee-Keeping (although it was on my windowsill, and already dead)
  • Re-watching old DVD's.
This year, I've mostly been watching 24. It's actually a very good depiction of utilitarianism in practice, and not at all skiving. Nope. Not at all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, we all love our daily dose of Jack Bauer!

DAMN IT!!

WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!

I can't believe we have to wait until 2009 to watch Season 7 :(. Have you seen the preview for it though?

10 June 2008 at 00:19

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I've got to shoot the President's daughter, or we're all going to DIE!

I only ever saw the beginning of season 6, but Sky and Virgin fell out, so I had it taken away from me...it was getting silly too, I hope season 7's a bit less..how do you say...

Nuclear?

10 June 2008 at 00:24

 

Post a Comment

<< Home