Friday 20 July 2007

I'm off out tonight, to take part in the highlight of my somewhat unexciting life. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will mark the end of an era for me; I began reading the books when I was 11, and as Harry finishes his schoolboy adventures, so will I.

I've grown up with the books and the characters; I've laughed, cried, and defended my obsession staunchly. The books taught me lots about friendship, adversity, and fighting dark wizards. Skills which I've found most useful throughout my teenage years...

I'll probably cry...I'll probably become sullen and grumpy for a few weeks after I finish the book; but ultimately I'll be happy to have had such a great childhood with such great books for comfort.

Predictions for the new book have been updated, to include Ginny becoming pregnant which Harry's baby, and Ron accidentally killing Hermione with Avada Kedavra as he attempts to show off to Fleur Dela Cour. That's be AMAZING if it happened..

Oh, and Godric's Hollow will be involved somewhere. Maybe there's a horcrux there, and Harry has to nip back to the ancestral home... intriguing.

1 Comments:

Blogger danny said...

I expect you have read it by now. I hope it lived up toy uor expectations. I rather hope it lives up to your predictions as well, but sadly, I can't imagine this to be quite as likely...

23 July 2007 at 19:06

 

Post a Comment

<< Home