Thursday 28 June 2007

Van Wilder 2: Rise of Taj - Review


This is less of a review and more, perhaps, a series of random statements.

This film is bad.

I'm not talking "Norbit" bad, or even *ahem* "The Waterboy" bad, but "Rise of Taj" should be given its own shockingly bad category.

I felt that if I were to cut my testicles off during the film, I would be provided with a more entertaining and wholesome experience; one which I'd probably regret less than watching the movie.

Having seen the original Van Wilder teen comedy, in which Ryan Reynolds pulls of arguably his only truly comedic performance, I was disappointed. I was as disappointed as Tim Henman was today, when he realised that people still think he's rubbish. (Love you though Timmy)

"Van Wilder: Party Liaison" isn't the perfect teen comedy; but it provides a hedonistic, and wry look at campus life, whether accurate or not. "Rise of Taj", on the other hand, provides British stereotypes, Indian stereotypes, and possibly Kal Penn's worst performance ever... which is a real shame, as I love Kal, particularly in 24.

1 Comments:

Blogger olileauk said...

I was confused by the fact you had 2 blogs, so i just posted on the one which had that nice picture of ladies on it (QUOTETIME: "real women don't date chelsea fans" - I had to go back and read it again, I wasn't exactly paying full attention to the writing the first time round...)
I plan on reading your blog now, as well as Dann's. woohoo!
I should stop rambling and go to sleep.
Oli.

1 July 2007 at 01:19

 

Post a Comment

<< Home