Wednesday 25 July 2007

I've just been told that Penguin have chosen me to be one of 20 reviewers to cover a Penguin Classic book. I think they send out a free copy, and I'm supposed to write a review, and it goes on their site somewhere.

It's all very exciting, this "Blog a Penguin Classic" initiative; but I'm now feeling the pressure. Which classic will I get? Will I understand the complex sentence framework and character arcs? Will I be allowed to call the author a "knob" in my review?

I'm now desperately trying to research more into this scheme, to find out what goes, and what guidelines I must stick to.

I'd better get a short book too; if I get War & Peace, I'm swapping with someone. Or I'll just read the first chapter and Wikipedia it. (Joking, if any Penguins see this)

1 Comments:

Blogger danny said...

you get all the cool stuff :(

26 July 2007 at 12:28

 

Post a Comment

<< Home