Friday 21 September 2007

Who Do YOU Think YOU Are?


I've never watched a single episode of this programme...partly because the title reminds me of something my primary school headteacher would say to me during playtime.

It's a bit of a shame really...I've always been fairly interested with family history - many a bright Summer's day was spent in the Family Records Office in central London...(It was a bizarre childhood.)

The other reason I don't watch, is that I always make the mistake of reading the TV guide beforehand; it tells me how fascinating each episode is - how the ancestors of Griff Rhys Jones weren't really killed in a train crash, or that John Hurt is actually descended from Irish aristocracy. This puts me off, seeing as the most scandalous thing to happen within my family, was when my Great Great Grandmother sneezed so hard, milk came out of her nose.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so right. It does put your own family history to shame.

21 September 2007 at 17:41

 

Post a Comment

<< Home