Monday 15 October 2007

Menzies Out.

I was going to do a post today about some comedic happenings in my recent life, but I saw the news, and decided to stand up for a beleaguered man.

Menzies Campbell was a capable leader of the Liberal Democrats, and even though, as a party, they might not have earned as many votes as the other two Political juggernauts, he appeared to be a man of integrity and pride. The way he was criticised due to his age is tantamount to discrimination, and the politicians and political commentators who raised doubts over his abilities, should be ashamed of themselves.

The Lib Dems have always appealed to me, partly because, as the third party, they don't need to engage in the squabbling, back-stabbing, and general pettiness that Labour and The Conservatives indulge in. David Cameron recently stated that Gordon Brown was treating the public "like fools", when old Sporkface happily grabs any opportunity to appear to be hip, and he happily announced his too-good-to-be-true policies in a bid to sway the opinion polls.

And don't even get me started on Labour stealing Tory policies...Politics upsets me. I'm only a teenager, but I find most politicians cynical and patronising. I need a sit-down...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a post about some comedic happenings in your recent life would be good also.

you are the shiz at the comedy and i need a giggle. (although this made me laugh a lot too...you have a way with words, you do. amazes me everytime.)

xxxxx

16 October 2007 at 23:15

 

Post a Comment

<< Home