Friday 23 November 2007

How Bizarre

It's in the news that a lady has won the right to not tell her family, or the father, that she's pregnant. As I didn't really understand this....I thought I'd do some research on the matter, partly to find out whether the mother would be allowed to know she's pregnant. Turns out she already knew.

Basically she's not told anyone she's had a baby, and put it up for adoption...which is fair enough I suppose, but it's a bit unusual that she made it legally binding. Fathers 4 Justice weren't happy. They'll probably climb up something, dressed as a farm animal as a sign of their responsibility.

I love this quote from the BBC website:

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also kept the pregnancy hidden from her family.

I'd say it was more for one obvious reason.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obvious? What, such as responsibility? Ha. Journalism has none! Well, not these days anyway. Now, it's "legal reasons" or nothing. ¦¬(

Shame that the father (4justice?) didn't get an opportunity to accept or reject the little, but there's a possibility at least that a shining good reason exists to deny this to him - and that's the information we are missing in this case, which goes straight back to my point about the state of journalism now. Oooh, sensational. And utterly, utterly free of the structure on which to build rational opinon, thanks a fucking bunch.

24 November 2007 at 02:48

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fathers4Justice? I thought they closed themselves down because it was being taken over by misogynistic scumbags. Or maybe that's who was commenting...

25 November 2007 at 21:21

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mean me. You've horribly misread something if you did.

I don't know if they still exist but they were a bad idea in the first place. It was a group with one premise only and that was to shout "sexism" every time a man didn't come out as well as he would have liked in a case involving children. A group with one idea is not the ideal tool with which to tackle a million unrelated cases with distinct and complex nuances.t

26 November 2007 at 00:07

 

Post a Comment

<< Home